Senior Counsel - Commercial Transactions (SaaS)
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2022
Aera Technology is the Decision Intelligence company. We deliver innovation and services that enable enterprises to operate sustainably, intelligently, and efficiently. Our platform, Aera Decision Cloud™, integrates with your existing systems to digitize, augment, and automate decisions in real time. Aera helps enterprises around the world transform decision making – delivering millions of recommendations that have resulted in significant revenue gains and cost savings for some of the world’s best-known brands.
We seek a sophisticated and experienced SaaS Software Commercial Contracts Attorney with expert negotiation skills and the desire to be part of a global GTM "build". Candidates must be trained by a recognized law firm, with 3-5 years in house experience working with complex SaaS Data & Analytics ARR and Partner agreements. If you are looking to become the first legal hire within disruptive software company, are ready to roll your sleeves up to partner with our world class commercial and leadership team. We want to hear from you.
- Draft, and review complex SaaS and professional services agreements with global enterprises and partners, and other commercial agreements as needed to protect the company's interest
- Negotiate complex commercial agreements
- Establish and enhance internal corporate legal policies and compliance programs including creation of company agreements, forms and legal playbooks to streamline processes
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relationships of trust
- Act as a trusted advisor on general legal matters as required
- 5 - 10 years of experience including:
- Tenure with a technology focused law firm
- 3-4 years In-house - Negotiating SaaS & Partnership deals
- Extensive experience with complex SaaS contracts and agreements
- Exceptional judgment; Balancing risk with business priorities
- Start-up mindset: independent, self-motivated individual with great work ethic and a perspective of helping out wherever and however needed
- Focus on the bigger picture: results-oriented, rather than task-oriented
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) across all levels of the organization with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Strong academic background and J.D. from highly-regarded school
- Licensed to practice law in California or New York
If you share our passion for building a sustainable, intelligent, and efficient world, you’re in the right place. Established in 2017 and headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're a series D start-up, with teams in Mountain View, San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Aera Technology, we strive to support our Aeranauts and their loved ones through different stages of life with a variety of attractive benefits, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock options, we have other great benefits available. You’ll find comprehensive medical, vision and dental plans, a 401K plan, flexible paid time off, remote work reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more. We offer unlimited access to online professional courses for both professional and personal development, coupled with people manager development programs. We believe in a flexible working environment, to allow our Aeranauts to perform at their best, ensuring a healthy work-life balance. When you’re working from the office, you’ll also have access to a fully-stocked kitchen with a selection of snacks and beverages.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.