Vice President, Head of Cloud Ops and Infrastructure
Other Engineering, Operations
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Aera Technology is the Decision Intelligence company. We deliver innovation and services that enable enterprises to operate sustainably, intelligently, and efficiently. Our platform, Aera Decision Cloud™, integrates with your existing systems to digitize, augment, and automate decisions in real time. Aera helps enterprises around the world transform decision making – delivering millions of recommendations that have resulted in significant revenue gains and cost savings for some of the world’s best-known brands.
Aera Technology is seeking a Vice President, Head of Cloud Operations and Infrastructure who is responsible for defining, operating and delivering the organization’s global cloud infrastructure and operations. This includes the Infrastructure, CloudOps, DevOps, SRE, and CyberSecurity functions.
Reporting to the CTO, the primary responsibilities for this role are to build and lead a high functioning global team across multiple geographies using internal and outsourced teams. This role owns the outcomes of planning, execution and operations of the enterprise cloud computing platforms.
- Define the infrastructure and technology operations strategy to support the business needs for customer commitments, service levels, resilience, capacity management and service delivery
- Drive the execution of the infrastructure and operations initiatives with expected and defined outcomes while measuring performance and risks
- Manage a globally distributed team with matrixed responsibilities to ensure consistent availability of the core platform and infrastructure.
- Understand and interpret critical risks, including cyber and operational risks, to the business and its operations
- Deliver quarterly and annual performance and strategic plans for Cloud Operations functions to senior leadership
- Manage and achieve organizational service level agreements (SLA) and key performance indicators (KPI)
- Maintain enterprise metrics, recommend improvements across the landscape
- Own governance and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) based processes
- Act as senior leader on all operational incidents, communication leader for internal and external customers
- Build and maintain partnerships with internal departments to ensure alignment to shared success
- Hire, coach and develop talent for reporting teams and staff
- Define objectives and key results (OKRs), goals and measure their success across the teams
- Manage financials including opex, resources, budgeting and cost optimization efforts
- Be an innovation leader in the cloud and infrastructure areas
- Evangelize customer service for the Cloud Operations team
- Maintain a security first mentality in the infrastructure and Cloud operations function
- 15 years or more of direct experience leading an infrastructure, cloud operations and engineering operations function in an enterprise environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Management or similar or equivalent working experience
- Technical capabilities in advanced areas primarily in AWS, Azure, GCP, IAC, programming language, advanced cybersecurity and risk management skills
- Previous experience managing internal and outsourced resources
- Skilled in vendor management and financial tools
- Process oriented with a continuous improvement focus
- Global mindset with knowledge of regulatory and security principles
- Executive presence and strong communicator
- Aera utilizes state-of-the-art, cloud-scale technology, deploying tools such as Kubernetes, high-performance in-memory databases, block storage, and service mesh
- Aera incorporates various open-source technologies and operates across multiple clouds. With thousands of nodes and petabytes of data, Aera operates on a massive scale
- This extensive infrastructure also operates multiple AI engines, which collectively drive the Aera Decision Cloud platform
Location, Availability and Travel
- Must be based in the Bay Area, California. This position is expected to be in our Mountain View offices along with the CTO’s management team on a regular basis. We offer a flexible work environment and specific arrangements for occasional remote work will be considered on a case by case basis.
- This position is a global role overseeing 24x7 operations. The candidate needs to be flexible with hours and may be involved with on-call and after hours availability.
- This role will be expected to travel periodically to visit the global operations under its management.
If you share our passion for building a sustainable, intelligent, and efficient world, you’re in the right place. Established in 2017 and headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're a series D start-up, with teams in Mountain View, San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Aera Technology, we strive to support our Aeranauts and their loved ones through different stages of life with a variety of attractive benefits, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock options, we have other great benefits available. You’ll find comprehensive medical, vision and dental plans, a 401K plan, flexible paid time off, remote work reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more. We offer unlimited access to online professional courses for both professional and personal development, coupled with people manager development programs. We believe in a flexible working environment, to allow our Aeranauts to perform at their best, ensuring a healthy work-life balance. When you’re working from the office, you’ll also have access to a fully-stocked kitchen with a selection of snacks and beverages.