Platform Administration Engineer/ Technical Support (SQL)
IT, Customer Service
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2023
Aera Technology is the Decision Intelligence company. We deliver innovation and services that enable enterprises to operate sustainably, intelligently, and efficiently. Our platform, Aera Decision Cloud™, integrates with your existing systems to digitize, augment, and automate decisions in real time. Aera helps enterprises around the world transform decision making – delivering millions of recommendations that have resulted in significant revenue gains and cost savings for some of the world’s best-known brands.
Our Platform Administration team, as part of the wider Technical Operations organisation, are responsible for ensuring the stability and resiliency of the platform with a focus on delivering an exceptional user experience for our customers. This role requires someone with a strong background in SAAS/On-Premise application/product support, configuring and supporting Jenkins jobs, user management, etc in public cloud environments. The team is also responsible for managing database stability, performing maintenance activities like upgrades, security patching, data movement and performance optimization. It requires passion for ensuring we deliver a customer-first service aligned with our company values of excellence, speed, accountability and integrity.
- Quickly learn the functional aspects of the Company product line and infrastructure.
- Triaging and troubleshooting complex product and production issues to ensure reliability and performance.
- Analysis of complex SQL queries to optimize performance.
- Assisting with database upgrade planning and execution, memory management, restoring backups, etc.
- Identifying and automating manual processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Mentoring and developing the team in your specialist area including promoting and applying best practices for building scalable and reliable production services.
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation, runbooks, and procedures.
- Identifying and developing operational tasks and procedures that can be transferred to the Operations team for execution and maintenance.
- Tier II support for a 24x7 online environment as part of an on-call rotation providing response to production incidents and owning root cause analysis and problem management.
- Working and delivering within defined processes and SLAs.
- Engaging with all team members and building collaborative relationships with all stakeholder groups.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or related field is desired but not required.
- 3 to 5 years of saas/on-premise application/product support experience with solid troubleshooting skill.
- Understanding of 3 tier application architecture/ microservices architecture.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with REST API,ETL, data-warehouse concepts, SQL, DB performance analysis and optimization.
- Understanding of SAML protocol and setting up SSO and troubleshooting.
- Comfortable working with modern databases (RDBMS and NoSQL) and big data platforms e.g. Exasol/Redshift/Snowflake/Databricks, etc.
- Good to have knowledge of languages like Java/Python/Shell Script.
- Knowledge of software development cycles
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with an ability to quickly adapt to altering priorities.
- Customer focussed with excellent communication skills.
If you share our passion for building a sustainable, intelligent, and efficient world, you’re in the right place. Established in 2017 and headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're a series D start-up, with teams in Mountain View, San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Aera Technology, we strive to support our Aeranauts and their loved ones through different stages of life with a variety of attractive benefits, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock options, we have other great benefits available. You’ll find comprehensive medical, Group Medical Insurance, Term Insurance, Accidental Insurance, paid time off, Maternity leave, and much more. We offer unlimited access to online professional courses for both professional and personal development, coupled with people manager development programs. We believe in a flexible working environment, to allow our Aeranauts to perform at their best, ensuring a healthy work-life balance. When you’re working from the office, you’ll also have access to a fully-stocked kitchen with a selection of snacks and beverages.