Cloud Cost Optimization Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA · Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Aera Technology is the Decision Intelligence company. We deliver innovation and services that enable enterprises to operate sustainably, intelligently, and efficiently. Our platform, Aera Decision Cloud™, integrates with your existing systems to digitize, augment, and automate decisions in real time. Aera helps enterprises around the world transform decision making – delivering millions of recommendations that have resulted in significant revenue gains and cost savings for some of the world’s best-known brands.
We are looking for a Cloud Cost Optimization Engineer who is interested in shaping the future of Aera Technology's Cloud Operations spend management. You will work closely with infrastructure and finance stakeholders to forecast and provide impactful analysis, insights, and recommendations. This position will report to the VP of Cloud Infrastructure and Operations.
- Build and define financial observability and operation tooling for our cloud platforms.
- Identify opportunities for cost optimization and efficiencies by analyzing Azure invoices and spend patterns coupled with using product discovery techniques interacting with existing cloud initiatives.
- Research and track cost plans, Azure Reservations, and Savings Plans.
- Be recognized as a visible evangelist promoting FinOps principles, best practices and culture to increase ability to understand cloud spend and optimization opportunities.
- Be acutely aware of cloud spend footprint and detect any unusual consumption.
- Utilize the Azure cost datasets to innovate data analysis that helps the organization better understand and react to cloud spend.
- Implementation of additional governance and compliance policies for Azure
- Integrate cost optimizations and forecasting into the Aera toolset
- Further development of the FinOps strategy as an important pillar in the area of the entire cloud environment
- Expertise in cloud infrastructure, cost reporting, and cost optimization, at scale in Azure, GCP, and AWS
- Work independently and as part of a team on multiple concurrent projects
- Strong desire to work with new and upcoming technologies
- Experience with scripting and automation of cost and billing reports for at least one public cloud, highly desired
- Expertise with tools such as Azure Cost Management, Azure Cost Management & Billing; Policy; Budgets; Advisor, GCP Cloud Billing Reports, and AWS Cost Explorer
- A high performer who is an expert at their craft, constantly challenging the status quo
- Experience with capacity forecasting, cloud cost optimization techniques, and Azure services
- Exceptional analytical, communication, conceptual thinking, and problem-solving capabilities
- 3+ years of experience with Azure in a administrative function
- Cloud certifications (Azure, AWS, GCP) or FinOps Practitioner certifications
If you share our passion for building a sustainable, intelligent, and efficient world, you’re in the right place. Established in 2017 and headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're a series D start-up, with teams in Mountain View, San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Aera Technology, we strive to support our Aeranauts and their loved ones through different stages of life with a variety of attractive benefits, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock options, we have other great benefits available. You’ll find comprehensive medical, vision and dental plans, a 401K plan, flexible paid time off, remote work reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more. We offer unlimited access to online professional courses for both professional and personal development, coupled with people manager development programs. We believe in a flexible working environment, to allow our Aeranauts to perform at their best, ensuring a healthy work-life balance. When you’re working from the office, you’ll also have access to a fully-stocked kitchen with a selection of snacks and beverages.