Cloud Cost Optimization Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA · Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Aera Technology is the Decision Intelligence company. We deliver innovation and services that enable enterprises to operate sustainably, intelligently, and efficiently. Our platform, Aera Decision Cloud™, integrates with your existing systems to digitize, augment, and automate decisions in real time. Aera helps enterprises around the world transform decision making – delivering millions of recommendations that have resulted in significant revenue gains and cost savings for some of the world’s best-known brands.
We are looking for a Cloud Cost Optimization Engineer who is interested in shaping the future of Aera Technology's Cloud Operations spend management. You will work closely with infrastructure and finance stakeholders to forecast and provide impactful analysis, insights, and recommendations. This position will report to the VP of Cloud Infrastructure and Operations.
- Drive improvements in the efficiency of spending in Aera’s multi-cloud environment
- Proactively collaborate with business teams, including our cloud infrastructure and finance teams, to ensure efficient and effective cloud cost utilization
- Apply a data driven approach to alerting and automated reporting in order to create awareness of opportunities for cloud cost improvements
- Partner with engineering teams to ensure cost improvements are working
- Identify and raise technical, business, and operational risks and opportunities
- Demonstrate critical thinking and growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems
- Demonstrate collaborative, team-focused approach
- Enable team members through training and documentation
- Balance and prioritize multiple projects and remain calm under pressure
- Expertise in cloud infrastructure, cost reporting, and cost optimization at scale in AWS, Azure and GCP
- Work independently and as part of a team on multiple concurrent projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong desire to work with new and upcoming technologies
- Experience with scripting and automation of cost and billing reports for at least one public cloud, highly desired
- Expertise with tools such as AWS Cost Explorer, Azure Cost Management and GCP Cloud Billing Reports
- A high performer who is an expert at their craft, constantly challenging the status quo
If you share our passion for building a sustainable, intelligent, and efficient world, you’re in the right place. Established in 2017 and headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're a series D start-up, with teams in Mountain View, San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Aera Technology, we strive to support our Aeranauts and their loved ones through different stages of life with a variety of attractive benefits, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock options, we have other great benefits available. You’ll find comprehensive medical, vision and dental plans, a 401K plan, flexible paid time off, remote work reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more. We offer unlimited access to online professional courses for both professional and personal development, coupled with people manager development programs. We believe in a flexible working environment, to allow our Aeranauts to perform at their best, ensuring a healthy work-life balance. When you’re working from the office, you’ll also have access to a fully-stocked kitchen with a selection of snacks and beverages.