Backend Engineer (General)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Monday, June 27, 2022
Our mission is to bring blockchain to a billion people. The Alchemy Platform is a world class developer platform designed to make building on the blockchain easy. We've built leading infrastructure in the space, powering over $105 billion in transactions for tens of millions of users in 99% of countries worldwide.
The Alchemy team draws from decades of deep expertise in massively scalable infrastructure, AI, and blockchain from leadership roles at leading companies and universities like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Stanford, and MIT.
Alchemy recently raised a Series C1 at a $10.2B valuation led by Lightspeed and Silver Lake. Previously, Alchemy raised from a16z, Coatue, Addition, Stanford University, Coinbase, the Chairman of Google, Charles Schwab, and the founders and executives of leading organizations.
Alchemy powers the top blockchain companies globally and has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Bloomberg, and elsewhere.
As an engineer focused on backend systems at Alchemy, you'll be working with one of the most sophisticated and high-throughput distributed systems in the blockchain world. You'll focus on architecting and building new systems as well as improving existing ones for a platform that supports millions of users globally.
- Own the end to end product lifecycle of identifying, designing, and building new features
- Contribute and lead backend design discussions, stand up meetings, and code reviews
- Develop and own best practices for backend application development with a focus on high throughput, high reliability, and low latency
- Identify opportunities to improve existing practices and uphold Alchemy's high technical quality bar
- Write stable, high coverage test cases for features you ship
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Collaborate with other engineers, PMs, and designers
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science
- Experience designing, building, scaling and maintaining core backend software components (experience with API platforms a plus)
- Ability to solve complex design, scaling, latency, or performance problems in high-throughput, low-latency systems
- Experience with AWS technologies is a plus
- Experience with production distributed systems, web applications, and microservice architecture
- Experience developing with Java (Micronauts), Typescript (Node), and/or Python (Django)
- Proven track record building highly available and highly scalable systems
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to execute new ideas with autonomy
- Know how to find the right balance between perfection and shipping quickly
- Web3 experience, a plus
- Founded a company or built side projects, a plus
- Experience in startups, a plus
See more open positions at Alchemy
Something looks off?