As Alchemy's second Data Science hire, you will have the opportunity to help define the data team at Alchemy and Alchemy’s approach to data driven decision making. This position is essential — as our company and user base continues to grow at a rapid pace, we're looking to find a rock-star data scientist who will take the lead on our various growth efforts. Some of the various initiatives will include: determining north star metrics, analyzing acquisition campaigns, implementing analytics to drive product decision making, and understanding our key growth vectors and how to optimize them. You'll be working closely with our world-class growth, product, engineering, and marketing teams to help make data-driven decisions on how to best drive forward the company.
- Proactively identify and champion projects that solve complex problems across acquisition, conversion, activation, retention, and engagement
- Partner closely with growth product, engineering and other business leaders to influence product and program decisions with data
- Define what success looks like for a user on Alchemy and identify actionable recommendations to empower users to reach their potential
- Identify key metrics for business performance, and develop tooling and dashboards to track and understand them
- Design A/B experiments, implement tracking, and evaluate which experiments Alchemy should further invest in and which experiments to revaluate
What We're Looking For:
- 4-6 years of experience as a Data Scientist, with high growth startup experience preferred
- A degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Physics, Computer Science, and/or PhD preferred
- Expertise in SQL, ETL, A/B Testing, and statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) with statistical packages, such as R or Python
- The ability to help grow and establish the Data Science function within the company
- Strong communication skills and ability to discuss highly technical topics for both general and technical audiences.
- Intellectual curiosity about the problem domain and an analytical approach
- Experience working at a Web3 company preferred