Accounts Payable Manager
This role is the first hire in Accounts Payables here at Alchemy. This role will you will help us to improve our procure-to-pay (P2P) process through accurate, timely, and automated workflows for both our internal and external stakeholders.
What You'll Do:
- Drive and optimize a modern P2P solution (purchase requisition, payments, and reconciliations) through systems, processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain applicable policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. In conjunction with the IT organization, maintain plans and strategy for maintenance, continuity, and functionality of the company’s accounts payable system(s).
- Be responsible for all P2P processes including requisitioning, vendor/contractor payments, expense reimbursements, ACH/Wire payment processing and account reconciliation.
- Conduct all related periodic, month-end and year-end closings and the preparation of AP accruals and consolidated reports. Prepare and maintain work papers and documentation.
- Ensure company departments and business partners have a clear understanding of accounts payable services, policies, finance policies and company approval levels.
- Develop supplier/vendor relationships to quickly resolve payment issues, create and execute a payment strategy, and ensure vendor/supplier alignment with the direction of the company.
- Apply industry best practices to ensure a successful alignment between ERP, processes, policies and cross functional alignment.
- Ensure internal controls are established and operating effectively.
- Establish metrics and reporting cadence to drive efficiencies
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of progressive Accounts Payable experience at a fast-paced startup
- BS / BA in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or a similar major
- Possess excellent communication skills and comfort interfacing with senior management.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills to manage relationships throughout the company.
- Service-oriented attitude characterized by strong listening skills and the desire to achieve shared success
- Extensive knowledge about accounting, management principles and Accounts Payable procedures.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects from conception to completion in a fast-paced, team environment
- Experience in system implementations and driving automation.
- Professional APS and or APM certification and/or affiliations are a plus.
- Excellent presentation skills including advanced PowerPoint and/or google Slides skills.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks online, Vendr, Zip, Brex Empower, Google Docs, MS Word, Excel, and other common applications used for procurement processing.