Quincy, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Our Maritime division is fielding the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) to tackle the extremely challenging industry demands of seabed exploration. Founded in 2018 by a group of experts in the AUV industry, Anduril has brought to the market a unique, ultra-long-range, full-ocean-depth platform and a completely refreshed maritime vehicle and flexible manufacturing architecture that scales from “large” to “extra-large” vehicle sizes. Today, Anduril is executing on multi-million-dollar contracts for the US Navy and DARPA while simultaneously performing Robot-as-a-Service (RaaS) commercial surveys. Anduril is a well-funded, venture-backed team with over 100-years of combined AUV experience.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are seeking an Manufacturing Technician to join Anduril, working in a cutting-edge start-up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics. You will play a key role in delivering our AUVs to our customers by working hands-on with our engineering team on a multi-disciplinary workflow to deliver world class AUVs. This role will include building complex electromechanical assemblies and integrating them into the final product!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work within a team of multidisciplinary engineers and specialists on AUV assembly and integration efforts
- Build, integrate, and test complex electro-mechanical assemblies into our world class AUVs
- Routing and servicing high-reliability cabling and wiring harnesses
- Design, prototype, and scale manufacturing jigs and fixtures to improve build and test efficiency
- Fabricate and modify machined parts and COTS components
- Contribute to all stages of the vehicle product development and manufacturing life cycle and provide feedback to the engineering team
- Help develop, document, and improve our workflows
- Help organize and establish our on-site manufacturing workflow
- Potential of traveling offshore to support our operations team
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in mechanical field (automative/marine, aerospace, industrial equipment)
- Familiar with simple fabrication processes, basic hand tools, and both plastic/metal part manufacturing
- A sincere commitment to a positive, inclusive, and collaborative culture
- A full understanding of the manufacturing life cycle
- Experience working off of technical documentation and engineering drawings
- Commitment to a high-quality product and strong sense of personal accountability
- Familiarity with building and maintaining electromechanical systems
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Has a never-ending sense of urgency and enthusiasm
- Eligibility to obtain a U.S Security Clearance (status not required at time of hire)
- Experience in sub-sea robotics (AUVs, UUVs, underwater equipment)
- Previous experience hoisting equipment or MA state hoisting license (overhead gantry, rigging)
- Experience working with electrical components up to 400VDc
- Proficiency with electrical debug including use of tools such as a digital multimeter
- Machining and/or 3D printing experience
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!“
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!