Senior Aerospace Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 18, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Execute the development of new air vehicles, from initial concept through deployment.
- Act as a resource and subject matter expert for aircraft engineering teams
- Develop air vehicle CONOPs, conceptual designs, and configuration layouts by balancing performance implications from different subsystems (aero, structures, propulsion, avionics, and payloads)
- Develop aircraft level Key Performance Parameters and flowed down requirements to each sub-system to hit them, along with System Owners.
- Execute aircraft, airframe and subsystem detailed design and fabrication as required.
- Support system test by developing sub-system and system level ground and flight test plans to efficiently and safely expand the flight envelope and validate performance requirements.
- Grow and strengthen key team skillsets to enable future air vehicle development programs.
- Develop aircraft design and test methodologies and best practices to enable scaling development capabilities to larger, more complex air vehicles.
- Use first principles physics as a basis for every decision
- Travel to test sites as needed
- BS in aerospace, mechanical engineering or related field
- 7+ years of mechanical/aerospace experience in a professional setting
- Strong understanding and experience developing air vehicle conceptual designs and transitioning them to flying and deployable systems. Experience developing parametric aircraft sizing tools.
- Familiarity with key aircraft subsystems and their development methods, including aero-performance, stability and control, structures, avionics, propulsion and fuel, etc.
- Experience with prototype composite and aluminum airframe manufacturing methods.
- Experience on aircraft flight lines including systems integration, ground test, and flight envelope expansion.
- Passion for aircraft and aviation development demonstrated through air racing, aircraft homebuilding, pilot’s license, A&P license or similar experience
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Experience in Solidworks/NX/Teamcenter
- Ability to integrate electronic components into mechanical designs (motors, controllers, sensors etc.)
- Experience with machining, sheet metal, injection molding, and 3D printing
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?