Power Systems Test Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, March 4, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
We are looking for a Power Systems Test Engineer to join our team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create, maintain electrical system test strategy, and test plans for Ground Control products.
- Develop test procedures defining specific test setup requirements and instructions based on power quality specifications and industry standards.
- Schedule and execute test plans independently or collaborate with related test/validation/design engineers/project managers.
- Facilitate electrical system performance, calibration, durability, and EMC testing of developmental as well as future production hardware per test plan
- Develop custom test fixtures and test racks as necessary to capture desired test results
- Post-process test data with MATLAB, Excel, Mathcad. Write comprehensive test report covering all related information such as detailed equipment lists and specifications, test setup, test procedure and plot results.
- Act as a liaison to conduct offsite testing and provide directions to lab personnel in setting up and executing validation tests.
- Leverage data analysis and existing tools to reproduce and characterize failures.
- Analyze and drive coverage and analysis of failures observed in integration and system level integration testin
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics, Computer, Mechanical Engineering, or related fields
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience with emphasis on hardware validation and verification testing.
- Familiarity with hardware development life cycle, reliability, and compliance testing.
- Familiarity with high voltage safety protocols and practices for both AC and DC voltages
- General understanding of engineering concepts, principles, and theory with technical experience demonstrating the application of those concepts while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance.
- Familiarity with electronics test equipment such as power supplies, electronic loads, oscilloscope, function generators, data acquisition, power analyzers and measurement sensors.
- Familiarity with environmental testing such as MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-461
- Strong root cause analysis skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel to and work at remote sites supporting test integration, commissioning and training as required.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Familiarity with Python and/or MATLAB for data parsing and data visualization
- Experience with firmware integration, vehicle level validation and debugging.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory compliance standards.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!