Senior Staff Frontend Software Engineer
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 15, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Software Capabilities team builds immersive, real-time applications that integrate diverse sensor feeds and are mission-critical to our users. These are technically challenging web applications to build, with complex user interactions on performed on large volumes of sensor data. Our users use these web apps to fly our Ghost drone, control a Sentry tower, or dispatch an Anvil after a threat. They are the portal into the Lattice ecosystem. As such, the team’s constant goal is to create a smooth, delightful experience for our users.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Run an effective team that delivers high-quality user experiences in a timely fashion
- Work with engineers, product manager, designers, and other stakeholders to accomplish key outcomes
- Coaching team members by providing guidance and feedback for their growth
- Leading hiring and interviewing efforts to grow the team by working with the recruiting team
- Setting clear goals for team members, guiding them to accomplish those goals, and tracking progress
- Communicating progress with stakeholders across the company
- As a leader of an engineering team, the Lead Staff Software Engineer will need a deep technical background, especially in web application development
- 3+ years technical leadership experience
- 6+ years of experience in web application development
- They will need to be able to grok large codebases, understand backend systems, and learn new tools
- Prior engineering experience from the industry, along with academic pursuits & studies in the areas of: Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- A desire to work on software and applications that have real-world impact
- They will guide technical discussions and of evaluating tradeoffs to help inform decisions of other stakeholders
- Proven leader and manager (either technical and/or people) with strong communication skills to effectively interact with our entire organization
- Proven ability to steer engineering & product vision & gain buy in from key leadership stakeholders
- Expertise with organizational design
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- We encourage people from all backgrounds go apply but our tech stack uses AWS, C++, Go, Typescript, and React so familiarity with all of these tools and languages would be useful
- Previous experience working with the DoD
- Startup experience
- 3D mapping experience
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!