Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
As a Analytics Engineer on the Data Operations team, you will own the data models that inform the operational decision making at Anduril. In this role, you will partner with analysts and teams across the business — from our Tower and Drone teams to our Supply Chain team — to unpack ambiguous problems and build lasting, scalable models that answer customer questions. You are perfect for this role if you have a strong opinion on how to create an accurate, flexible data model and can do it in half the time as your peers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support the Data Operations and Business Operations team by owning the development of the core data models at Anduril
- Own the development of data pipelines through to the creation of new dashboards to help the business manage its different business and product lines
- Support the development of an asset tracking system so Anduril can more effectively manage and monitor its core products
- Serve as the go-to expert for the operations teams on issues relating to data integrity and data availability, including owning the testing and monitoring of the data in the Data Warehouse to ensure data accuracy
- Create Anduril’s first data dictionary to make the current data easily searchable for all users across the company
- Partner with our Data Engineering team to create new data pipelines to integrate data that comes from our products
- Proactively identify operational pain points and inefficiencies with cross-functional partners and develop new tools and automated process to solve them
- You are technically proficient: You have 3+ years as an either a business analyst, data analyst, or data scientist and are fluent in SQL (we use dbt!)
- You have have experience developing data pipelines using dbt, Airflow, or Fivetran and have learned some best practices along the way for working in a Data Warehouse environment like Redshift, Snowflake, or BigQuery
- You’ve had a hand in developing a company’s data architecture at a high-growth startup in a way that’s built to last
- You like to build and enjoy iterating on things quickly.
- You have a strong bias for action and like to work with high autonomy
- You are intellectually tenacious and take pride in your work
- Intellectual tenacity means not being satisfied with the status quo
- Taking pride in your work means producing something that — if you were the consumer — you’d enthusiastically use
- You lean into acknowledging your weaknesses and take the idea of feedback and growth seriously
- You get energy from being a thought partner for others and it excites you to spend time translating operational problems into data problems, and to then going and executing on them
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?