Avionics Hardware Engineer - Clearance Eligible
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 9, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are looking for an Avionics Hardware engineer to join our team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Full cycle PCB design including collecting requirements, schematic design, component selection, supervision or completion of layout, bring-up, test, debug and integration with the system.
- Development of air vehicle avionics systems (flight controls, sensors, payload interfaces, power management, and networking)
- Develop system interconnect diagrams and define wire harnesses that connect electronic equipment within the vehicle.
- Provide support and collaborate within other air vehicle subsystem development constraints
- Vendor surveys and evaluation to support sourcing for avionics system components.
- Conduct peer-level and cross-discipline design reviews
- Build up and test of avionics system components through lab, ground, and flight tests
- Low level firmware development for bring-up and test
- Root cause analysis in support of field operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, with 5+ years of experience designing, testing, and troubleshooting complex board designs
- Competence with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, thermal chambers, current-probes, and automation of tests.
- Familiarity with standard interfaces such as Ethernet, CAN, I2C, SPI, PCIe, USB, etc.
- Familiarity with common MCU, CPU, FPGA devices and technologies.
- Knowledge of modern analog and digital electronics and electronic circuits.
- Comfortable with a variety of electronic CAD tools (Altium preferred, Eagle and others acceptable)
- Experience in design for signal integrity / power integrity
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Understanding of DO-254, DO-178C, DO-160 and relevant avionics design standards for UAS
- Familiarity with aircraft avionics module vendors and avionics component suppliers from past experience in UAS programs.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?