Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
SUMMARY / ABOUT THE JOB
Anduril’s Deployment Operations group is seeking a Connectivity Specialist to join our team.
As a Connectivity Specialist, you will work within the Deployment Operations organization and across the aisle with other engineering and operations groups to design and maintain connectivity solutions for Anduril’s deployed suite of products.
Underlying all deployments - whether it be aircraft or ground systems, Anduril products or those integrated, combat zones or close to home - is a diverse array of networking infrastructure connecting assets to one another and their operators. Data link topologies traverse infinite permutations of medium including fiber, MANET, military SATCOM, commercial LEO satellite internet, microwave backhaul, and 4G LTE. The Connectivity team is responsible for performing technical due diligence with customers (both internal and external) to ensure that the correct network architecture is selected for a given mission, assisting with sourcing of the appropriate hardware and subsequent implementation, and supporting the sustainment of production data links using their subject matter expertise.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with Anduril’s customers and their networking engineers to architect connectivity solutions
- Calculate RF link budgets, assess risk of lost links and commensurate fallback solutions, and present such findings to operations and engineering teams
- Design and maintain complex network laydowns for ground-based air defense systems, force protection sensor suites, UAVs, and space systems
- Source, evaluate, and maintain networking equipment and services
- Oversee network implementation and execution during demonstration events and production site bring-ups
- Strong aptitude for problem solving in unstructured situations at the interface of hardware, software, and networking. Ability to drive challenging and vague technical problems to clarity and resolution
- Naturally inquisitive, able to independently research and learn new technical components or concepts.
- 2+ years experience in RF or network engineering; understanding of Layer 3 network design
- Experience with externally-facing technical communication
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. security clearance at the Secret level
- Experience generating link budgets
- Familiarity with DoD-managed network enclaves (NIPR, SIPR, etc.)
- Experience with mesh networking and/or MANETs
- Familiarity with NSA Type 1 encryption or FIPS compliance
- Experience in InfoSec or computer security
- Possess an active U.S. security clearance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?