Director, MSI Business Development
Sales & Business Development
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is seeking a Director of Business Development and Capture for the Air Force under their Mission Systems Integrator (MSI) business to help with rapid growth initiatives with the Air Force. This individual will be a key member of the strategy team and will be working directly with engineers and business development professionals in a highly entrepreneurial “roll your sleeves up” environment. The ideal candidate will be a proven leader who has managed complex programs with the Department of Defense – ideally with experience with 5th generation platforms. This leader should be a builder and someone who is adaptive and who can lead new and innovative approaches to market. They should know target customers across the Air Force aviation community and have an intimate understanding of government contracting.
The successful candidate will ideally have strong connections within PEOs and Air Force accounts in addition to experience working with classified and/or special access programs. This candidate will serve as the senior leader for programs within the business portfolio, including maintaining customer relationships, monitoring performance, and meeting contractual obligations. This leader likely has experience working in and/or with the Aerospace & Defense contractor community and will bring this domain experience along with the right cultural fit to make an immediate impact. This candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial, and creative environment. Anduril is seeking a pioneer who is comfortable with navigating ambiguity and can work effectively in a start-up culture.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead large capture campaign.
- Grow Anduril’s portfolio within the U.S. Air Force’s aviation community.
- Provide guidance, advice, and support to the leadership team regarding business investments and priorities.
- Develop and maintain close, trusted partner relationships with offices of senior military and civilian US Government customers, current and prospective customers, as well as industry partners and suppliers.
- Assist the customers in meeting their requirements and capability gaps with those capabilities, products, and technologies available or being developed in relevant defense sectors.
- Drive seamless integration across the sector. Foster a culture of trust, open communications, customer focus, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintains effective working relationships with customers to identify new business opportunities, proactively communicate and resolve program issues, and provide strategic direction to program teams.
- Lead initiatives that move the organization forward, contributing to business / financial performance.
- Deliver on financial performance commitments and strategic market growth.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant Program Management, acquisitions or business development / capture experience in the government and/or private sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant DoD Programs and platforms, related enabling technologies, systems integration, communications, software development.
- Demonstrated experience leading major acquisition programs directly with DoD or leading significant capture campaigns for a private sector defense company.
- Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders within defense and intelligence community.
- Demonstrated success in leading and scaling a business for the DoD, or the U.S. Air Force in the $100M range
- Prior military experience in Air Force (ideally F-35 or F-22) pilot community and/or extensive knowledge of government contracting and relevant Program Executive Offices (PEOs). The ideal candidate will have worked with the leadership in Air Force Life Cycle Management Center.
- Demonstrated high-energy leader who will drive performance and exhibit strong management skills with a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Ability to manage a significant team of engineers, operations managers, and capture/business development professionals.
- Excellent writing, communication skills with experience presenting to senior executives and customers
- An engineering degree is preferred but not essential.
- Candidate must have a TS//SCI level clearance to be considered.
Mission Systems Integrator (MSI) is one of Anduril’s Business Lines and is focused on positioning Anduril as a lead provider of autonomy capability for multi-domain platforms. We work with customers to understand their requirements, shape their concepts of operation, and scale capability across their problem set. We aim to develop and deploy critically needed capabilities to our government partners and customers.
This position would ideally be based in Dayton, Ohio or the Washington DC area.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?