Mechanical Engineer - AUV Support Systems
Other Engineering, Customer Service
Posted on Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the Australia and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defence.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work within a dynamic team of multidisciplinary engineers and specialists throughout the life of AUV design, integration, test and support efforts.
- Perform mechanical engineering system/structural design, analysis, and prototyping to solve AUV Launch and Recovery challenges.
- Design high-reliability mechanisms for surface and subsea applications.
- Perform AUV, subsystem, and 3rd party component integration, test, and debug.
- Develop and execute test plans to demonstrate concept viability/system maturity.
- Optionally conduct offshore AUV testing (typically single day trips with occasional multi-day deployments).
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- A genuine interest in the subsea domain and 5+ years experience in mechanical/mechatronics engineering (design, test and debug).
- Experience in structural design and analysis.
- Familiarity with concepts of systems engineering, electrical engineering and control theory.
- Experience with SolidWorks.
- Extremely organised and detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- A sincere commitment to a positive, inclusive, and collaborative culture.
- Experience with subsea operational procedures, equipment and robotics (particularly AUV Launch and Recovery systems) is advantageous.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a NV2 Security Clearance.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?