Mission Assurance Lead - Active Clearance
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Mission Assurance Leads are in charge of rapidly architecting classified, closed, or air gapped environments in which to deploy Anduril products or software. Well versed in a combination of Information Technology, Security and government accreditation processes, Mission Assurance Leads are forward thinkers able to utilize their sharp critical thinking skills to balance Business Line needs, product velocity, and customer requirements, and are at the forefront of getting our software and hardware greenlit for real-world deployment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design, engineer, and deploy sensitive mission networks across Anduril’s portfolio of programs
- Partner with teams across the business to understand customer requirements, and architect mission architectures to support them
- Represent Anduril externally with customers as security, technology, and accreditation subject matter experts and thought leaders
- Drive accreditation efforts for software, hardware, networks, air, ground, maritime vehicles, and everything in between
- Manage the accreditation and RMF lifecycle for programs and products in your assigned portfolio
- Stay abreast of cutting edge commercial technologies and constantly seek ways to leverage them in classified and air-gapped environments
- Collaborate with partner security and insider threat teams to develop novel controls within sensitive environments to protect Anduril products and programs
- Identify vulnerabilities in systems, designs, or architectures and proactively engage with internal and external stakeholders to remediate them.
- Domain expertise in IT, security, networks, communication infrastructure, or similar
- Experience designing and building architectures for the same
- Knowledge of modern cyber warfare tactics, techniques, and procedures as well as their mitigations to include vulnerability analysis, exploitation, command and control, and corresponding detection measures.
- Familiar with Risk Management Framework (RMF), Authority to Operate (ATO), or Verification and Validation of software deployed to defense systems, weapons, aerospace vehicles, or critical infrastructure
- Familiar with NISPOM (32 CFR Part 117) DAAPM, JSIG, or applicable NIST publications
- CISM / CISSP or equivalent IAM level III certification / Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or related field (DoD 8140 compliance)
- DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Knowledge of modern software development techniques and processes and their security (CI pipelines, microservices architectures, cloud and container based deployments).
- Scripting knowledge (Python, Bash, Powershell, etc.)
- AWS / Cloud certifications
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?