Assistant Events Manager
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is seeking an assistant events manager to join the Events team. The Events team takes lead on all major events at Anduril. These events range from the company’s annual summer outings and holiday parties at our various offices across the US to VIP visits, ERG-sponsored events, team offsites and everything in between. The purpose of the events team is to help improve Anduril employees’ work lives by providing fun and engaging activities as well as to help guide them in planning professional, well-organized, and thoughtful events. In a given year, the Events team can expect to plan and execute 10-15 major events a year across all offices and 4-5 smaller events monthly at the OC office. This position will be mostly focused on east coast events across DC, Boston (has 3 offices), and Atlanta.
- Plan, execute, oversee, and facilitate all logistical aspects for internal company events. Internal events may include team off sites, ERG-sponsored events, and company sponsored events (movie night, Halloween trick-or-treat, office openings).
- Provide event planning support for external events and VIP visits. External events include annual summer outings and holiday parties in Anduril regions and large team offsites (50+ attendees).
- Ensure all vendor quotes are accurate and keep accurate budgets when planning all events.
- Work closely with various departments (KitchenOps, Executive Assistants, Internal Ops, IT, Design, Communication) to ensure all internal events are well executed.
- Travel onsite to locations pre-event and for run of show.
- Ensure appropriate Anduril branding is utilized in all printed materials (menus, name tags, directional signage, etc.).
- Help create/improve streamlined event processes and procedures.
- Help build out event resource sheets to include vendors in Anduril east coast offices (DC, Boston, Atlanta).
- Be a resource for all Anduril employees when it comes to events or hosting visitors to our offices.
- Primary location will be in DC office.
- Travel is expected to support east coast events (DC, Boston, Atlanta).
- 5+ years experience in event planning or other related fields.
- Strong project managing skills.
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work well in teams and autonomously.
- Ability to visualize event space flow, guest experience, presenter experience, food presentation, appropriate sound levels, etc.
- Strong ability to shift priorities quickly when needed.
- Experience with Photoshop, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), and communication platforms like Slack.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?