Personnel Security Specialist
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Serve as a member of Anduril Industries Security Services Team supporting employees throughout the United States. Works within a collaborative team environment and takes independent action, analyzes problems, and provides focused solutions to effectively communicate information to various audiences orally and through written communications. Leverages expertise with US government security policies and procedures as it relates to the personnel security program. Maintain responsibility for updates to various databases, security clearance processing, and review documentation for accuracy and completeness. Address personnel security matters and other clearance-related actions for personnel requiring clearances for collateral and SCI positions. Interact daily with internal and external clients and government security officials to resolve issues.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage and initiate personnel clearances background investigations and process visit access requests (VARs) and mandatory SEAD 3 reporting via Defense Information System for Security (DISS).
- Provide employees with personnel security guidance consistent with the 13 adjudicative guidelines to assist them in managing their clearances
- Handles in-person and virtual requests and inquires, as it pertains to Security Services Help Request, Security Information Management System (SIMS), Security Forms, Incoming/Outgoing Visit Request, New Hire Orientation Briefings, Cleared Employee Training, Foreign National Contacts and Foreign Travel Briefings.
- Processes visitor requests; enters clearance information into the visitor database and/or researches information in DISS and SIMS clearance database.
- Coordinates classified meetings requiring VARs; liaison between Security Services and Anduril meeting hosts to facilitate meetings.
- Manages SCI billet program; prepares nomination packages, coordinates with customer sponsor’s COR and SSO, submits SCI VARs through customer sponsor, and assist with scheduling indoctrination and debriefing appointments.
- Enforces Anduril’s security policies and procedures.
- Updates SIMS and other databases for clearance and visitor tracking.
- Ensures Anduril information in the DISS is accurate and timely.
- Assist the Security Services Team, as needed.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and two years of related administrative and customer service experience.
- Experience with DoD 32 CFR Part 117, National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
- Experience with DoD clearance processes such as DISS, eQIP, SF86, and SIMS is desired.
- Proficiency in use of computers and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally and courteously both orally and in writing with all levels of employees and guests.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality is required. Anduril is an “in-person” office.
- Possesses excellent organization skills, and attention to detail and is comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and prioritize workload based on urgency.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance.
- Familiar with DISS and NISS updates.
- Familiarity with SIMS security software.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?