Lead Technical Operations Engineer
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Monday, May 8, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Technical Operations team is responsible for deploying and supporting Area-I’s state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems (UAS). You will go forward with products early on in their lifecycle and work alongside Mission Operations Engineers and Program Managers to execute live demos, training exercises, and customer deployments. You must master, maintain, and operate a globally deployed suite of unmanned aircraft systems. Technical Operations Engineers will be expected to lead cross-functional teams in austere environments often with minimal support.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead team of 10+ Technical Operations Engineers (Air Vehicle Operators & Crew Chiefs)
- Manage flight crew scheduling and coordination
- Coordinate with the training department to maintain flight crew currencies and training
- Ensure crewmembers meet organizational objectives and priorities
- Develop flight operation standards and best practices
- Work with multiple internal organizations to plan test events and lead the successful execution of those test events
- Travel to various test sites and ranges to conduct flight operations
- Performs test flights as pilot in command
- Performs preflight / post-flight evaluations and assessments
- Conduct mission planning
- Support Ground Testing events
- BS degree in aerospace/UAS (or related) field. May substitute equivalent flight operations experience in lieu of education.
- 5+ years of experience leading and supervising flight operations
- Experience as a test conductor, test director, test pilot/navigator, or similar
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- Hands-on professional experience working with UAS/UAV’s or equivalent military experience as UAS/UAV operator, maintenance technician, or Crew Chief
- Demonstrated understanding of flight operations, aircraft systems, and sensors
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude
- Familiarity with basic computer networking concepts
- Proven ability to master a technical system and support it in austere environments; must demonstrate an innate drive to be self-sufficient across the breadth of a technical system
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Ability to travel 50%+, willingness to travel to remote regions of the world for up to one month at a time
- Prior military or overseas contracting experience
- Possess an active U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix OS; comfortable obtaining data from software platforms using command-line tools
- Experience working in unstructured situations at the interface of hardware, software, and networking; ability to drive challenging and vague technical problems to clarity and resolution
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?