Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Reliability Engineering organization is seeking a Reliability Engineer to join our team. The Reliability Engineering team works with our broader Engineering team to ensure our products operate and meet all mission performance, environmental conditions, and customer requirements. We develop cutting-edge Reliability processes and methods to secure scalable, long-term business success.
As a Reliability Engineer at Anduril, you will work within the organization to support product development, define and execute processes for continuous improvement and risk buy down, and lead root cause + corrective action efforts throughout the new product development life cycle to ensure a smooth hand off to production. You will then support field performance monitoring, and track trends/lessons learned to recommend improvements to upstream teams. The right person for this role has knowledge of design, development, test, analysis, manufacturing, operations, asset tracking and maintenance, and continuous improvement. If you are someone who has hands-on experience throughout the entire new product development life cycle from concept to customer delivery, loves to build world-class Reliability processes, work with many multi disciplinary teams, and be accountable for results, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support Design & Development Engineers as a critical partner to identify risk as early as possible through tools such as Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Physics of Failure Methodologies, and Analysis + Test Data Reviews in R&D, then coordinate mitigation action plans to proactively lead the Design Reliability Effort for your assigned product or product area.
- Support the Design Requirements Process as a Subject Matter Expert to ensure teams adhere to our Hardware Design Best Practices, and Analysis best practices.
- Lead, Draft, and tailor R&D Test Plans and Qualification Test Plans with support from the Chief Architect, Product Manager, and Design and Test Engineer(s) for new products.
- Support Development Milestone Reviews such as Drawing Reviews, PDR, CDR, QDR, and support the production hand off process with Quality Engineering.
- Lead and drive root cause analysis and corrective action for issues found during R&D and Qualification testing alongside the Development, Quality and Test Engineering Teams.
- Lead product End-To-End Plans from component receiving through field deployment: Identify risks, and coordinate risk mitigation with supporting stakeholder teams such as Manufacturing Engineering, Logistics, and Deployment Operations.
- Host regular metrics reviews to highlight key problem areas for deployed products. Propose and coordinate corrective actions to closure. Act as the lead liaison to close all communication feedback loops between the Deployment Operations Team and the Development Engineering Teams.
- Host regular corrective action reviews to ensure lessons learned are communicated with all stakeholders, and that all actions have been implemented in a timely manner.
- Develop, Draft, and Implement Reliability Processes for the business to improve and streamline our Design, Manufacturing, and Deployment Operations efforts for rapid development.
- Support Business Operations Continuous Improvement: Software Tool Upgrade Requirements Drafting, and Beta Testing to improve asset tracking & maintenance, communication, data automation, and metrics for the Reliability Engineering Team.
- Minimum of 3-5 years Industry Experience as a Reliability Engineer, Design Engineer, or Test Engineer
- B.S. Degree in Engineering
- Experience working on Advanced Hardware Systems
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis Methodologies, corrective action management, and risk management
- M.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Systems Engineering
- Experience with Analysis tools such as FEA, CFD, GFSSP
- Modeling/CAD Experience
- Test Plan Development, fixture design, test set-up, and hands on test execution experience
- HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Testing), Environmental Testing, and/or Mechanical Loads Testing Experience
- Front End Software Architecture & Requirements Definition Experience
- Aircraft, Spacecraft, or UAV Operations Experience
- Technical writing experience developing standards, specifications, user guides, and policies
- Requirements drafting experience for Software & Hardware
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?