Altius Head of Manufacturing
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril Atlanta is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
We are seeking a senior level organization leader to coordinate all of our flight operations across a wide variety of objectives and locations. The Altius Head of Manufacturing owns short to mid-term (1-3 years) strategic development and execution, operational direction, career pathing, and vision for the department. Top level charter will be to provide consistent, flawless execution for all product and S&T programs.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as both a strategic leader and tactical do-er for Anduril’s rapidly growing ATLIUS manufacturing operations in Atlanta, GA. You will report directly to the Atlanta Site Lead and manage the existing Manufacturing leads from day one.
- Partner with Supply Chain, Quality, and Engineering teams to build and execute upon Anduril’s 5-year strategic vision to become a next-generation aerospace and defense manufacturer, capable of flexibly producing 1000s of high-quality products per year.
- Scale products in Atlanta from initial prototype to full rate production, instituting processes and systems as needed throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Advise on development and oversee implementation of digital technologies, from PLM and ERP to our custom MES and QMS systems, that enable our manufacturing operations to efficiently scale while meeting customer requirements.
- Establish and manage team to financial, quality, and on-time delivery KPIs to understand how our manufacturing operations are impacting our business.
- Own all aspects of Manufacturing, from advising engineering teams on design considerations to factory design and production execution.
- Own Atlanta office manufacturing floor, headcount, and capital expenditures forecasting related for Manufacturing.
- Be accountable to AS9100D guidelines.
- Be a partner to Anduril’s Head of Manufacturing for Manufacturing strategy.
- Minimum 15 years in a Manufacturing leadership role within the hardware development industry with a track record of successfully scaling products from prototype to full rate production on the order of 1000s.
- Experience with discrete manufacturing operations in a deeply technical industry such as aerospace, consumer electronics, medical, or automotive. Process manufacturing experience also a plus.
- Relentless drive for continuous improvement and solving high impact business problems through highly leveraged process, business systems, and data.
- Strong outcome orientation with the ability to drive initiatives from inception to implementation and adoption. Willing and able to dive into tactical execution mode when needed to move the effort forward.
- Ability to work with engineering, supply chain, and quality teams on a highly technical level.
- Positive and inspirational leader with the demonstrated ability to assess, attract and retain high-quality talent and build high-performing teams.
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally in an unstructured, ambiguous environment. Startup experience preferred.
- Sophisticated interpersonal ability to earn credibility, influence others, change minds, and advise across diverse environments and personalities.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking abilities and the ability to see around corners.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills with the ability to understand how problems and their solutions fit with the wider organization and its operations.
- Bachelor of Science or higher degree in a technical discipline preferred, not required.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS clearance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?