Senior Mechatronics Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop control systems for Anduril’s new Land Systems vehicles.
- Develop & work with control systems for vehicle power management, battery management, cooling system, engine controls, traction control, active suspension, and more.
- Work with actuators, sensors, connectors and architecture of vehicle control systems.
- Support vehicle and sub-system test, integration and create SITL/HITL test fixtures.
- Work on the coolest vehicles in defence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- 5-7 years relevant engineering experience in automotive / passenger car / commercial vehicle / aerospace / defense industry.
- Familiarity with EV’s, engines, and vehicle controls.
- Ability to collaborate well with other electrical, mechanical, software, firmware, and test engineers.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- Masters or advanced degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Strong fundamentals in control systems theory, linear systems analysis, stability, and controller design.
- Strong understanding, and intuition for the physics of basic electric propulsion, motion control systems, and heat transfer.
- Understanding of DC/DC controllers, battery charger controllers, High Voltage 3-phase motors controllers.
- Ability to assist with part selection, board design, and product design efforts.
- Experience with controls system development, modeling, and implementation in an embedded environment.
- Experience in working with control actuation systems that employ permanent magnet brush and brushless DC motor technology.
- Competence with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, debuggers, current-probes, and automation of tests.
- Experience with reusable device drivers and communications protocol libraries.
- Experience with Altium Designer or equivalent electronic design automation design tools.
- Experience in embedded controls, controls integration, or relevant hardware areas is preferred.
- Experience with C/C++ and common languages (Python, Rust, Haskell, etc.).
- Experience with CANape or similar CAN interface tool.
- Experience with ST Micro, NXP, or Atmel microprocessors. USB, MIPI CSI2, SPI, I2C, CAN, CANFD, ARINC-825, ARINC-429, MIL-STD-1553, UART/RS232/RS422/RS485 communications experience is a plus.
- Experience in the design and implementation of automotive control electronics.
- Prior experience developing embedded systems for automotive controls is a plus.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?