Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We're looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead the development and delivery of the Lattice Command and Control Product.
Anduril’s Platform Integration org focuses on systems integration, delivery, and application of the Lattice Platform for specific missions. In this role, you'll define the vision and strategy, gather customer's mission needs and requirements, and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to deliver solutions in the C2 mission space. Your work and projects will be diverse and will require you to be organized and flexible to adapt to changing situations. Your work could range from crafting a vision with customers, to operating as a technical program manager planning and scoping engineering sprints, to managing a complex program and overseeing the execution to transform that vision into a robust product. You’ll be managing a complex program of various stakeholders so you will need to be an expert communicator who can clearly communicate intent, vision, and direction to all parties.
You should have experience in systems/software development, and the ability to learn technical concepts quickly. You will need to be comfortable working with engineers and digging into the details to understanding system dependencies, technical risks and the impact of key architectural decisions. You should be excellent at execution and comfortable navigating ambiguity. You will be expected to utilize your technical capability in conjunction with your program/project management skills to deliver the best outcome for Anduril and the customer.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define solutions. Collaborate with customers, conduct onsite user research, and gather insights from internal experts to understand mission challenges and core workflows. Translate these requirements into well-scoped features and capabilities that address customer needs and align with Anduril's strategic goals.
- Prioritize and plan. Work with both internal and external partners to develop comprehensive plans for execution. Build sprint plans, execution strategies, and set clear milestones to achieve successful outcomes.
- Communicate vision and execution strategy. Proactively communicate goals to stakeholders, manage delivery expectations, and escalate significant trade-offs and decision points when necessary.
- Execute. Lead and manage complex programs involving various stakeholders to deliver new capabilities throughout the product lifecycle. Collaborate closely with engineering teams, acting as the voice of the user and ensuring capabilities meet mission needs. Ensure seamless coordination and organization throughout the project's lifecycle.
- Ownership: Demonstrate a natural bias for assuming responsibility and contribute to a culture of performance. Lead projects from inception to completion, working closely with customers and engineering teams. Develop technical pathways for success and actively own the product's success.
- 5-10 years in software product development and/or managing the planning and execution of complex systems
- Strong aptitude for collaborating with internal and external stakeholders across diverse technical areas
- Demonstrated success decomposing a problem into addressable component parts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sufficient understanding of front-end and back-end web technologies to consider capabilities and limitations
- Comfort working with data and complex analyses
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Background in software engineering and a proficiency in designing and understanding software architectures
- Defense, national security, or aerospace domain familiarity through industry or education
- Active TS/SCI clearance helpful but not required
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!