Frontend Software Engineer
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, December 8, 2020
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are looking for Frontend Software Engineers to join our team. As a Frontend Software Engineer at Anduril you will be architecting and building out our front end features and tooling, deploying them to users, and making sure they're meeting users' requirements. You will be working alongside a team of engineers with diverse backgrounds.
As an early member of the team, your decisions today will have a large impact on the company today and into the future. We believe that simple systems are easier to understand, maintain, and scale. You will be making trade-offs as you work to ensure that our systems are prepared to scale — being able to effectively communicate these trade-offs with your teammates is a must.
The ideal candidate has curiosity and experience in backend systems as well so that you can understand and contribute to it in support of your frontend responsibilities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, build, and deploy a real-time, map-based interface for displaying and interacting with sensor data and commanding physical assets
- Fetch and manage large streams of data while maintaining performant rendering in a low-friction user experience
- Build and design immersive image-viewing experiences on multiple platforms, including web-based and mobile 3D image viewing as well as integrated VR experiences
- Degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree
- Experience working on frontend applications, especially data-intensive or map-based systems
- Ability to empathize with end-users, to turn needs into features, and to balance user experience with engineering constraints
- Minimum 5 years of frontend software engineering experience
- U.S. Person status may be required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- We encourage people from all backgrounds go apply but our tech stack uses AWS, C++, Go, Typescript, and React so familiarity with all of these tools and languages would be useful
- Previous experience working with the DoD
- Startup experience
- 3D mapping experience
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?