McHenry, MS, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Anduril Rocket Motor Systems (ARMS) team is on a mission to build next generation solid rocket motors for a safer, more connected world. To achieve our vision of becoming a large-volume provider of tactical rocket motors, we will develop differentiated products and services that maximize our customers’ capabilities, and we will establish and maintain a reputation of Quality and Reliability.
As the Electrical Engineer, you will specify, design, develop and install devices used to collect data on solid rocket motor burn performance. This position also requires the ability to configure data collection systems and develop software applications used to collect the data. It is expected that you may oversee technicians during the instrumentation installation and during rocket motor testing/development. The right person for this role has direct, hands-on experience with the design, development, and installation of sensors used to collect a variety of metrics related to testing of solid rocket motors. If you are a hands-on leader, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and enjoy being the point person for collecting valuable performance data, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analyzes current equipment; identifies areas of inefficiency and needs for improvement; designs and develops instrumentation to meet those needs.
- Collaborates with other engineers to develop accurate, efficient equipment and instrumentation in accordance with safety and usability standards and client expectations.
- Designs and tests prototypes of equipment.
- Creates basic schematics and simulated models to test designs; modifies designs to meet specifications and budget requirements.
- Oversees the implementation of new measuring devices and control systems, ensuring devices are correctly installed and properly tested.
- Acts as project engineer for design, prototype fabrication, and manufacturing development.
- Drafts and presents formal technical documents, reports, and testing results to manager for approval.
- Drafts technical manuals for instrumentation.
- Provides training related to devices to employees and/or customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with the design, development, and installation of sensors employed to collect data on system performance.
- Thorough understanding of signal conditioning for data acquisition, i.e. analog circuit design
- Intimate knowledge of the analog to digital conversion process, i.e. digital circuit design
- Understand Computer controlled data acquisition and able to develop computer applications for data collection.
- Able to select the correct sensors and design the placement of them to acquire the needed solid rocket motor performance metrics.
- Familiar with COTS data acquisition systems such as National Instruments
- Thorough understanding of applied math and physics.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and proficient with computer-aided design software.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
- Advanced degree in engineering
- Experience with circuit simulation tools (spice)
- Experience using EDA tools such as Altium/Or CAD
- Familiar with real-time computer architectures and their OS’s
- Ability to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!