RF Engineer - Small Signal/Mixed Signal
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Modeling, simulation, analysis, design, test, and optimization of active and passive RF and/or mixed signal circuits.
- Assist with RF system and/or subsystem requirement development and feasibility studies.
- Select and characterize components, generate schematics, and work closely with PCB layout to ensure circuit designs meet requirements while striving for first pass design success.
- Board bring up, test, and circuit optimizations.
- Develop circuit verification test plans and assist with testing.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years experience
- Experience with RF cascade analyses, component selection, and component evaluations.
- Experience with RF front end circuit designs like receivers, transmitters, gain control, and power control.
- Experience and expertise with off the shelf discrete RF components like low noise amplifiers, filters, mixers, phase locked loops (PLLs) / synthesizers, oscillators, general purpose amplifiers, variable attenuators, switches, power detectors, and limiters.
- Familiar with software defined radio development including data converters (digital to analog and analog to digital converters), clock trees, data converter interfaces, and sampling concepts.
- Experience with schematic capture and guiding PCB layout.
- Experience with board bring up, test, and optimization.
- Experience with test plan development and test execution.
- Experience developing circuit models and simulations using tools like Ansys Electronics Desktop (Nexxim, SiWave) and Cadence AWR Microwave Office.
- Significant experience and expertise with test equipment like vector network analyzers (VNAs), spectrum analyzers, signal generators, power meters, oscilloscopes, multimeters, and power supplies.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Secret security clearance
- Experience with 3D electromagnetic modeling and simulation using tools like Ansys HFSS, CST, and Feko.
- Familiar with nonlinear circuit simulation (harmonic balance and envelope simulations) using tools like AWR Microwave Office.
- Familiar with matching circuit and RF filter design.
- Experience with PCB design / layout.
- Experience with RF requirement development and feasibility analyses.
- Familiar with programming languages like Python for analysis and test automation.
- Familiar with embedded Linux.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!