Low Observables Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist in the design and development of low observable unmanned air vehicles
- Perform signature management analysis in both RF and IR spectrums
- Develop analysis tools, workflows, and validation processes for signature predictions and validation
- Select, develop andtest Low Observable materials to determine physical, electrical, and/or environmental properties
- Aid in the development of manufacturing plans for Low Observable air vehicles, including infrastructure, materials, component fabrication, and assembly processes
- Plan and execute RCS testing of Low Observable air vehicles and components
- 5+ years of Low Observables experience on air vehicles
- Proficient knowledge of Low Observables, survivability, and susceptibility
- Experience with LO modeling and prediction tools, such as Computational Electromagnetics (CEM) tools, Method of Moments (MoM), HFSS, CST Microwave Studio, COAST, SENTRi, Xpatch, FEKO
- Familiarity with Low Observable materials and manufacturing processes
- Experience with Low Observable airframe design, treatments, and subsystem integrations
- Experience designing mechanical parts (CAD). Understanding of manufacturing methods (machining, sheet metal, composites, 3D printing, injection molding, composite lamination, etc)
- Experience with RCS testing of LO component and/or air vehicles
- BS or higher degree in STEM discipline
- Must possess and be able to maintain an active U.S. Top Secret security clearance.
- Experience manufacturing Low Observable components, including materials and edges
- Experience with designing LO apertures
- Hands-on maintenance experience with Low Observable aircraft
- Experience in NX/Teamcenter
As an employee at a growing startup you will be given broad leeway to solve problems with the resources needed to win!
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!