Senior Software Engineer, Internal Tools
Seattle, WA, USA · Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are looking for Software Engineers to join our Internal Tools team. As a Software Engineer on Anduril’s Internal Tools team you will be architecting and building out mission-critical applications that enforce lean business process, add multiplicative leverage to Anduril employees, and scale Anduril into a next-generation defense prime.
As an early member of the team, your decisions today will have a large impact on the company today and into the future. We believe that simple systems are easier to understand, maintain, and scale. You will be making trade-offs as you work to ensure that our systems are prepared to scale — being able to effectively communicate these trade-offs with your teammates is a must. The ideal candidate has a desire to own the complete features from data management, backend logic, and frontend designs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create elegant software and platform solutions for the large, ambiguous problems that confront Anduril as the company scales at rocket-level speeds
- Level up our team’s applications, libraries, and best practices in a way that will allow our internal tools to last for years to come
- Share deep knowledge wells to mentor and collaborate with other senior developers
- Partner with stakeholders across the org to ensure we are building modular systems that can speak to each other
- Automate company operations from timekeeping to manufacturing
- 5+ years of experience in a software engineering role building products, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree
- Experience working with large enterprise applications and platforms with high availability requirements
- Ability to empathize with end-users, to turn needs into features, and to balance user experience with engineering constraints
- We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply but our tech stack uses AWS, Typescript, and React/Remix so familiarity with all of these tools and languages would be useful
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS clearance
- Startup experience
- We encourage people from all around the country to apply as remote, but prefer Orange County based candidates.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!