Technical Operations Engineer - Air Defense
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Deployment Operations team is seeking a Technical Operations Engineer to join our ground-based air defense program.
As a member of the Technical Operations team, you will serve as a bridge between product engineering and deployed operations. You will practice extreme ownership of all dependencies to ensure that Anduril’s growing suite of capabilities achieve total mission success in austere, remote environments. To this end, you will be embedded within an air vehicle development program where you will leverage your operations and technical expertise to shape and deploy a solution of maximum effectiveness and reliability. Your scope will include standing up forward-deployed operations in austere environments, ensuring the successful combat employment of Anduril products, and shaping the long-term sustainment of these products. In addition, you will be a core participant in customer demonstrations and test events closer to home.
- Extensive hands-on (field operations, manufacturing, or test) technical experience
- Hands-on professional experience working with UAV’s or equivalent military experience as a UAV operator, maintenance technician, or Crew Chief
- Demonstrated understanding of flight operations, aircraft systems, and sensors
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in unstructured situations at the interface of hardware, software, and operations in pursuit of mission success
- Experience working with cross-functional engineering teams and external customers; demonstrated ability to collect differing opinions and reconcile them in order to achieve agreement on what ‘right’ looks like
- Experience performing data-driven root cause analysis on complex systems
- Strong computer and documentation experience
- Demonstrated ability to train peers or customers on the operation of a product
- Willingness to travel up to 80%, including occasional deployments for up to two months at a time
- Able to work extended hours as required
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Hands-on professional experience working with developmental weapon or missile systems on manned and/or unmanned aircraft
- Experience with one or more of: Ground-based air defense systems, either sensors or effectors; Operations and maintenance of airbreathing propulsion systems; Aircraft or launch vehicle flight line operations; Munitions storage and handling controls
- Experience developing code in higher level languages (e.g. Python, MATLAB) for analytical modeling and data reduction
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!