Finance Manager, Air Dominance & Strike
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Air Dominance and Strike Division is one of the fastest growing, most technically complex divisions at Anduril. We develop and build large aircraft from missiles to group 5 drones as well as the mission autonomy software to operate these vehicles, all while operating in highly classified environments.We’re looking for our first hire to build out the division’s Finance function. In this newly created role, you’ll be responsible for setting up the financial processes and reviews for the division, bottoms-up forecasting and budgeting, analysis and management reporting, and other special projects. The position will have direct and frequent interaction with different functional teams, including management of this division. This person will be the “face” of the Finance team for the division and will ultimately be responsible for producing output and analysis that assists leadership in steering the direction of the business and operations.
What You'll Do
- Perform bottoms-up annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting, and monthly reporting
- Perform financial analysis to drive optimization in the areas of manufacturing, inventory and gross margin
- Interact with and report out to the Company’s manufacturing operations and mission operations
- Provide management reporting and analytics to senior management
- Work in close cooperation with the corporate accounting and purchasing teams
- Be a key user of both the accounting and finance systems of the Company, and other business applications such as CRM and HRIS
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA a plus
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills
- 5-10 yrs. of operational finance (FP&A) experience in a technology company, with a preference towards manufacturing operations
- Strong spreadsheet and business intelligence skills
- Solid understanding of operational and cost accounting fundamentals
- Solid understanding of MRP (Material Requirements Planning) systems
- Ability to deliver high frequency and quality output as an individual contributor
- Strong ability to communicate across different functions and levels of the Company
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!