Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is seeking a Government Accountant to join our dynamic, growing finance team located at our headquarters office in Costa Mesa. The Government Accountant will coordinate and oversee expenses related to government contracts, focusing on separating allowable vs. unallowable expenses and the proper coding of each expense. This position will play a vital role in organizing and preparing expense reports and ensuring all items follow government (FAR) regulations and corporate policies. We’re looking for someone who has excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills, as this employee be collaborating with many internal teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement and maintain a process to split allowable vs. unallowable costs based on the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) guidance.
- Establish systems to streamline the government accounting process for travel and other expenses associated with government contracts.
- Assist in the review of all expenses associated with projects and determine if they are reasonable in nature and follow all government accounting guidelines.
- Play an active role in government audits and maintain accountability records.
- Prepare a variety of reports relative to unallowable and allowable spend.
- Create and accurately code invoices aligned with company practices.
Here’s Who You Are:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is preferred
- 2+ years of accounting experience, and 1+ year(s) of government accounting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (e.g., VLOOKUP, queries/macros, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with financial accounting systems (Oracle, NetSuite)
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!