Platform - Technical Product Manager
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Lattice is the AI-powered sensor fusion network that underpins all Anduril products, enabling better real-time decision making. A collection of applications and services compose the platform: everything from sensor & data source ingestion & underlying environment setup, to user, sensor, and model configuration, to web-based operating pictures.
This role provides an opportunity for immediate impact on real-world operations. Our focus is on creating groundbreaking technology that operators need and trust, and all your work will feed into this. You will go deep to learn about gaps in existing defense capabilities, engage with users, synthesize feedback, and build the product infrastructure to support our goals. Anduril is a rapidly growing company, and the right person for this role should be able to work in partnership with engineers and designers, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities. You often will be expected to self direct, and to be comfortable navigating ambiguity. In the near-term, you will land on a Lattice team to solve specific challenges, but over time you will drive the evolution of the scope and focus of your role.
About You - You have experience in software product development and have taken something from a wild idea through a shipped solution. You have a thorough understanding of back-end web technologies & distributed systems, can engage deeply with engineers on architecture decisions, and can prioritize feature for both end-users and platform developers. You can turn conflicting or incomplete ideas into concrete action plans. Likewise, you can clearly say “No” when needed in order to cut through ambiguity. You’re excited about building a team to achieve ambitious goals, and bias towards action to help with any task that furthers this, whether that’s developing a demo, helping test a piece of hardware in the field, writing documentation, or QA'ing a new release.
You are curious and have a high rate of learning. Building an open, supportive, and inclusive company culture excites you, and you strive to provide honest feedback in service of this.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Listen to developers. Lattice is a rapidly growing platform, supporting both internally and externally developed mission applications. You will learn about developer pain points, understand where those pain points reflect product deficiencies, and assess how those developer pain points are affecting end users.
- Define solutions. Identify potential features that will accelerate Anduril’s goals, increase our ability to quickly scale, and create an excellent end user or developer experience. To do this, you will seek out real-world context in the form of onsite user research, internal expert feedback, existing product data, and industry tech investigation. You will capture core workflows and translate these user needs into well-scoped requirements and success hypotheses.
- Prioritize and plan. Set clear outcomes for your portfolio in partnership with your engineering, design, and business partners. Develop team structures that allow prioritization of competing work within rapid development cycles. Help your team flex to adapt goals when needed, based on new information.
- Communicate vision and execution strategy. Proactively communicate goals to stakeholders and manage expectations of delivery. Escalate large trade offs and necessary decision points as needed.
- Execute. Work hands-on to deliver new capabilities across the lifecycle of the product, from initial release and onboarding, through day-to-day improvements. Validate and experiment along the way, acting as the voice of the user throughout.
- When possible, lead with data. Define and monitor key metrics to measure success.
- External storytelling. Work with business development, proposal, marketing, and compliance leads to communicate product capabilities externally. Participate in large-scale customer demos.
- Build product culture. Develop relationships to bridge business and technical worlds. Build tech alongside prolific engineers and designers, and then zoom out to work with business development, operations, customer success, marketing, and finance teams in order to ensure success. Along the way, you’ll help define and drive product team culture and best practices.
- 3 - 5 years in software product development, with at least 2 years specifically in a hands-on product management capacity
- A deep understanding of back-end web technologies & distributed systems to consider capabilities and limitations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for working with internal and external stakeholders, across a wide range of technical comfort
- Demonstrated success decomposing a problem into addressable component parts
- Proven ability to motivate cross functional teams to do their best work
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- Defense, national security, or aerospace domain familiarity through industry or education
- Experience working in a developer focused product team (for example, in cloud services, SDK development, or internal platform infrastructure)
- Active TS/SCI clearance helpful but not required
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!