Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Aircraft Integration
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Manufacturing team is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer with a focus on aircraft integration to join our team. The Manufacturing Team is responsible for rapidly iterating and building cutting-edge defense hardware, including static equipment, moving ground equipment, and complex flight vehicles. This responsibility includes everything in the manufacturing value-chain, including, but not limited to, Design for Manufacturability work, tool design & selection, process creation & optimization, vendor sourcing & interaction, quality planning, and work documentation associated with the hardware that the Manufacturing Engineer owns.
The right person for this role can demonstrate past holistic ownership on solving a technical challenge with a creative, physical, solution that they either personally manufactured or oversaw manufacturing on, in a fast-paced, resource-limited environment. If you are someone who thrives in such an environment, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Under minimal supervision, you will own the integration of a product or set of products. This position will focus heavily on new aircraft development, with airframe, mechanisms, and electronics focus.
- Write documentation required for successfully integrating hardware at scale, such as work instructions, test procedures, quality plans, inspection requirements, etc.
- Develop novel tooling solutions for assembly, integration, logistics and test.
- Develop process flows, breaking down large, complex assemblies into a logical part flow of subassemblies and sub-processes.
- Document, analyze, and troubleshoot issues that arise on the integration line (mechanisms, electronics, harnessing, software, etc).
- Work with technicians and other engineers hands-on, building, and integrating hardware.
- Work cross-disciplinarily with a wide range of engineering, operational and programmatic disciplines.
- Contribute to end-customer hardware mechanical or electrical design, including interconnects, board fabrication and inspection, etc.
- Travel to suppliers to do initial sourcing work, solve ongoing production issues, and implement quality procedures
- Degree in a technical field such as engineering, math, or a hard science.
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant field, preferably manufacturing or design of large aircraft.
- Experience designing tools and assembly fixtures using CAD systems.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively integrate and deliver hardware in a resource-constrained environment.
- Demonstrated in-kind or direct team leadership skills, with backing examples.
- Personal experience physically manufacturing hardware via any means (machining, fabrication, soldering, assembly, etc.) Work on personal or extracurricular projects is a plus.
- A genuine interest in manufacturing and thirst for learning.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas.
- Ability to travel and work extended hours as required.
- Knowledge of PLM, ERP, and other related manufacturing planning and management systems.
- U.S. Citizen status required.
- Masters in Aerospace Engineering or related engineering field.
- Experience working with the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Component level qualification experience.
- Hands-on experience with R/C and/or autonomous flight vehicles, flight controllers, or other related control systems.
- Software scripting experience in any language.
- Experience with Siemens NX & Teamcenter.
- Active security clearance.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!