Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Mechanical Technician will be responsible for learning and executing mechanical and electronic assembly processes necessary to manufacture a quality product in a timely manner.
- Minimum 4+ years working in manufacturing setting (aerospace, electronics, or medical industry preferred)
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, email, etc.)
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Willing to work overtime under tight deadlines
- Must be a team player / maintain positive attitude
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Ability to be on your feet throughout the day
- Ability to multitask with little supervision
- Proficient in the use hand tools (screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, etc.)
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience using various measuring tools (e.g. tape measure, caliper, micrometer, etc.)
- Experience using small power tools (drill, Dremel, sander, etc.)
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data
- Machine shop/ machining experience (Mill, Lathe, CNC Router, etc.)
- Technical /Associates degree in related technical field
- Experience working with SAE certified QMS or working in AS 9100/ ISO 9001 certified facility
- RC Hobbyists and Enthusiasts strongly considered (please communicate this on resume)
- Light electronics troubleshooting/ Soldering experience a plus
- Six Sigma/ LEAN Manufacturing experience/training a plus
- Perform inventory checks and relay accurate data to management
- Fabrication of small parts such as machined components, composite components
- Light Composites fabrication (repairing holes, cutting plies, patchwork, wet lay-up composites)
- Electro-Mechanical Assembly and QC testing
- Perform required system tests and record quality assurance data with integrity
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow safety procedures
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!