Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 5, 2021
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
As a firmware engineer, you will be an integral contributor focused on developing embedded firmware unmanned aerial vehicles and stores management solutions. This position will involve close interaction with the hardware team during the design, testing, and production of new and existing products. The person in this position will work as part of a team to develop capabilities serving multiple mission requirements including aircraft control, payload sensor integration, and auxiliary system capabilities. We are looking for candidates willing to work in teams with a wide array of responsibilities and flexibility within a multi-disciplinary group.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science, Mechanical engineering, or
- related field
- Preferred experience with Aircraft platforms, munitions, stores management, DoD systems
- Preferred experience with ARM Cortex M3/M4, Freescale chipsets, MCUXpresso IDE
- Experience with C/C++
- Demonstrated skills in technical areas including technical firmware/software development support for writing, testing and
- troubleshooting applications/devices in accordance with accepted design techniques
- U.S. Person Status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
- Experience with the following:
- Using sound software engineering principles to ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, and fault
- Coding and testing software based upon software specifications
- Supporting software development using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques
- Providing status reports and supporting documentation
- Working with program managers to identify requirements and deliver products on schedule for highly visible initiatives.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?