Harness Design Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are looking for a Harness Design Engineer to join our team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Plan and document signal interconnections between system components by generating harness schematic drawings
- Research and select appropriate connectors, back-shells, contacts, wire, shielding, and cable construction for the product and environment
- Prepare harness assembly instructions and test procedures, incorporating your knowledge of industry standards and best practices
- Evaluate corrosion resistance, acceptable temperature range, UV tolerance, watertightness of interconnects through analysis and testing
- Work closely with other electrical, mechanical, software, and test engineers to deliver fully functional products
- Work in a fast-paced environment supporting new developments, active deployments, and customer operated hardware
- Concurrently manage involvement in multiple projects at various stages
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- 3+ years hands-on experience designing electrical harnessing for rugged commercial, industrial, aerospace, or military applications
- Experience working directly with harness manufacturers to deliver high quality, high reliability products
- Familiarity with common electrical bus interfaces (CAN, Ethernet, RS422, RS232, USB) and fiber optics
- Familiarity with high voltage (>100VDC), single- and three-phase AC power
- Experience reading system interconnect schematics and connector pinout drawings
- Proficient in 3D CAD modeling or similar harness design software
- Exceptional organization and communication skills (both written and oral)
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?