Security Guard (Part-time)
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2022
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
As a Security Guard, you will monitor The Boring Company sites and systems to ensure the safety and well-being of passengers, fellow employees, and company assets. The ideal person for this role is a great communicator and performs well under pressure. This position may require night and weekend shifts.
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of passengers and fellow employees, and company assets.
- Monitor construction sites, vehicles, drivers, company properties and loading stations for safety and security.
- Coordinate emergency response actions in the event of an emergency.
- Drive vehicles and transport passengers in the loop system when additional drivers are needed.
- Perform Loop Operator duties as necessary.
- Maintain lost and found inventory.
- Perform other assigned tasks as directed by Management.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid United States Driver's License.
- Possess a satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to pass the Department of Transportation mandated Drug Screening Test.
- At least 21 years old
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 1+ years of Security, Military, or Law Enforcement experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a position with direct guest contact.
- Ability to manage several tasks at once.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Initiative in resolving problems and an independent worker.
- First Aid, CPR & AED Certifications
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?