Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2022
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
As a System Administrator you will be responsible for workstation, VOIP, network and end-user support in a rapidly advancing multi-site environment. This position provides an opportunity for a motivated individual to expand their skill set while being introduced to the entire IT service and support stack.
- Design, deploy and manage construction and tunnel network, server, and end-user equipment.
- Discover end-user needs, implement innovative solutions, and adapt as requirements evolve.
- Provide end-user support for O365, Gsuite, VMS, Windows, Ubuntu, printers, network appliances.
- Manage device inventory and provisioning for new users.
- Assist in deployment of network equipment, firewalls, cameras, servers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic end-user requests.
- Generate and maintain technical documentation.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent work experience
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ability to handle a rapidly changing set of requirements and schedules.
- Experience building or maintaining network, OS, printing, application support in a small/medium sized business.
- Experience automating repetitive tasks.
- Familiarity with disk imaging and software deployment tools.
- Working knowledge of common cloud services: O365, Gsuite.
- Basic exposure to Active Directory and DNS management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a practical solutions-based approach.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as necessary.
- Willingness to learn new skills and grow into greater responsibility.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?