Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 1, 2022
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Jump between the system and component level for various mining, industrial automation and automotive control applications.
- Lead the development of simple and complex control systems for electrical, mechanical, and fluid power.
- Lead development of GNC systems for Boring Machines, controls for multi-ton harsh environment “pick and place”, and other operational automation tasks.
- Ensure all systems are compliant with appropriate regulations such as MSHA, OSHA, NEC, NFPA, Class 1 Division 2 Hazardous Location.
- Work with other engineers to integrate electrical systems with mechanical structures, mechanisms, software packages and civil engineering systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or computer engineering.
- 2+ years of experience designing and building electrical systems.
- Understanding of common communication interfaces.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in designing and developing electrical systems with and without human input.
- Experience in sensor selection for control systems and redundancy requirements.
- Knowledgeable in Electrical and Electro/Mechanical control, and Hydraulics control systems.
- Strong teamwork skills with a proven ability to effectively interact and collaborate with other engineering disciplines.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Experience with a variety of motor types (DC, AC induction, Synchronous, etc).
- Experience with system response modeling.
- Experience designing panels, enclosures, and harnesses for rugged environments.
- CAD experience.
- High voltage safety training.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?