Civil Structural Engineer
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 4, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Create structural designs and detailing for shaft/shoring systems, foundations and steel structures.
- Draft drawings for construction in AutoCAD and Revit
- Work with engineering team to provide cost assessments.
- Produce tunnel lining design documentation, including lateral earth pressure calculations.
- Perform construction period observation and inspection.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in design for shafts, shoring systems, or steel structures.
- Experience developing drawings, details, specifications and calculations for building official approval and construction.
- Proficiency in reinforced concrete design to ACI codes.
- Proficiency in structural steel design to AISC codes.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Masters of Science in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in structural engineering.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license in Civil - Structural
- Strong understanding of drawing construct-ability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Understanding of concrete and steel material design / properties.
- Experience in AutoCAD and Revit
- Proficient in 3D Finite Element Structural Analysis (SAP2000 or comparable software).
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Position may require extended hours and weekend work.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 20% travel.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?