Senior Electrical Engineer (Power Systems)
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 13, 2020
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Design and test electrical systems for controlling the TBM and Loop transportation system.
- Oversee the development of all data acquisition and power electronic systems (some custom and some COTS).
- Work with other engineers to integrate electrical systems with mechanical structures, mechanisms, software packages and civil engineering systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience with medium voltage and high voltage power systems, transformers, switchgears, electrical panels, motors and motor controllers, and other grid-level electronics.
- Basic understanding of analog and digital circuit design.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 8+ years working in an electrical engineering role or related position.
- Strong fundamentals in medium and high voltage power distribution.
- Experience designing transformers, switchgears, high voltage panels, enclosures, and harnesses for rugged environments.
- Exposure to production techniques for medium and high voltage products.
- Understanding and creation of power distribution single-line diagrams.
- Experience generating requirements for outsourced electrical designs.
- Knowledgeable with PLCs, industrial automation and DAQ technologies a plus.
- Strong teamwork skills with a proven ability to effectively interact and collaborate with other engineering disciplines.
- Acute attention to detail. CAD experience.
- High voltage safety training.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to travel last minute up to 20%.
Reporting Location: Bastrop, Texas - Headquarters
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?