Production Engineering Intern (Fall 2023)
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Support process improvements including production and operational software improvements to ease company operational flow.
- Determine critical path of project schedules and drive development and implementation on those critical items.
- Communicate with all stakeholders in the integration process, including design, materials management, procurement, production, build, and operation.
- Organize and kit upcoming work including components, instructions, and tooling.
- Constantly evaluate how the system fits into the larger picture of a working operation.
- Set priorities for the machine shop to ensure proper parts are being built per company priorities.
- Help enforce 5S improvements and complete weekly audits of all build areas.
- High School Diploma or GED and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in an engineering discipline or a related field.
- Strong teamwork skills with a proven ability to effectively interact and collaborate with other engineering disciplines.
- Hands-on hardware experience performing fabrication, assembly and/or testing.
- Acute attention to detail.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Basic proficiency in machine design.
- Experience of design using CAD software, FEA software, PCB design software, and/or software development.
- Knowledgeable in production processes and materials management processes.
- Experience in creating and driving product development schedules.
- Experience in leadership on technical teams.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?