Human Resources Generalist
People & HR
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Process HRIS transactions and complete I-9 verification for new employees.
- Greet candidates onsite, deliver tours, prepare hiring managers for interviews, ensure schedules are maintained.
- Facilitate the new-hire on-boarding process including generating offer letters, and processing background checks.
- Assist with HR initiatives and projects.
- Conduct employee investigations, separations and exit interviews.
- Workers compensation administrator.
- Point of contact for all HR matters such as but not limited to benefits, compensation, training, payroll, and employee relations.
- Audit time and attendance punches and approvals.
- Utilize tools such as search engines, job boards, LinkedIn Recruiter, and other social channels to source passive candidates.
- Assist in updating and developing content in the Learning Management System.
- Manage the provision and deprovision of software for employees.
- Assist with relocation administration and coordination.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources.
- 2+ years of experience in HR position.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in HR position.
- HRCI or SHRM certification.
- Acute attention to detail and strong multitasking skills.
- Ability to work independently and with little direction.
- Ability to quickly and reasonably prioritize tasks.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to communicate with internal/external customers, vendors, management etc. in both formal and informal situations.
- An analytical mindset that thrives on formulating strategy and presenting data.
- Highly organized with a strong sense of urgency.
- Position may require extended hours and weekend work.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 20% travel.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?