Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 20, 2021
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
As a Machinist, you will be owning the operations of the CNC and VTL machines as we invest in our TBM manufacturing capabilities. You will be interfacing with multiple teams from multiple locations and assuring their orders are completed to their specifications. This is an integral role that will allow for the opportunity to learn and grow. The team is looking for a team player that embraces challenges and does whatever it takes to get the job done. Currently hiring for night shift positions.
- Safely set-up and operate numerous conventional and CNC machine tools
- Use computers to program various CNC machines directly
- Perform maintenance on machines (working with external resources when necessary)
- Use measuring tools to perform inspections throughout the product lifecycle
- Use equipment and materials properly and report potentially unsafe conditions
- Demonstrates attention to detail and looks for ways to improve efficiency
- High school diploma or GED equivalent 10+ years of operating CNC or VTL machines
- Experience with 8 axis mill turn machines and large format VTLs
- Knowledge of Fanuc controls and be able to read and edit g-code
- Understanding of safety considerations for machine operations and overhead cranes
- Ability to perform basic math calculations (algebra and geometry)
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Technical/Vocational education (Precision Machining / Machine Shop Technology)
- Relevant Certificates or Licenses
- Experience working with design specifications, machine parameters, and material characteristics
- In-process and post-process inspection experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Ability to machine and measure 0.001" or less tolerances
- Experience with a fast paced agile work environment
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?