Accounting & Finance
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2021
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Work directly with project managers and engineers to develop efficient, cost-effective solutions to a variety of construction challenges
- Create comprehensive cost estimates to drive decision making.
- Develop strategic supplier relationships, negotiate contracts and pricing, act as primary point of contact for key Central Texas based suppliers.
- Assist in development and implementation of purchasing systems and processes to improve company efficiency.
- Execute all purchase orders for Austin operation; handle purchases quickly and without error. Communicate order status to internal customers and coordinate delivery logistics.
- Source critical items, working directly with the project manager, field engineers, and field technicians.
- Manage rental equipment delivery and return, develop system to ensure that rental utilization is maximized and that rentals are returned in a timely manner.
- Resolve invoice issues with suppliers to ensure vendor payment.
- Report and monitor inventory counts of tunneling supplies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or similar discipline.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective time management and multitasking skills; addresses all tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to complete tasks independently with minimal oversight.
- Ability to identify problems and quickly implement solutions.
- Driver’s license, vehicle, and good driving record.
- Position may require extended work hours and weekend work.
- Must be willing to drive personal vehicle for company tasks as needed.
Reporting Location: Bastrop, Texas - Headquarters
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?