Senior Software Engineer (Backend) - C++
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Cohesity offers a web-scale, hybrid cloud infrastructure for data management. We are looking for Software Engineers who are motivated and passionate and willing to enhance Cohesity’s Products and by working on features, tools, scripts that will make it easy to sell, deploy and maintain. You are not only a Software Engineer who designs and implements features but should have knack of diagnosing problems in large bodies of complex code, understand scalability and performance and work on fixes with rapid turnaround time and high quality. You will be part of our Product and Sustenance Engineering team and willing to work with Product Managers and more importantly with Customer Support, System Engineers and Customers.
Responsibilities (What you will be doing)
- Design, develop and maintain innovative products for our on-prem as well as SaaS offerings
- Collaborate with product management, other cross functional leads and teams on both technical and business strategy to shape the future product roadmap for Cohesity’s infinitely scalable platform.
- Implement product features for on-prem and cloud platforms.
- Drive accountability for test driven development, delivery of high quality features and resilient enterprise class solutions
- Lead a culture of team ownership and direct individual and team accountability to continuously improve how they work and achieve results.
- Participating in Agile development processes.
Qualifications (What you will bring along)
- BE, B.Tech/ME, M.Tech /Phd in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Strong coding experience in any of these languages - C++, Golang, Java
- 4+ years of developing and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems
- A fast learner and self-starter with intellectual horsepower.
- Good analytical, debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Problem-solver who can dive deep to solve complex problems/issues.
- Bring good testing methodologies and passion for building quality products
- Knowledge of Microservices, SaaS architecture, Cloud native services is a plus
- Knowledge of agile/scrum methodologies.
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity may require employees who enter its offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity offices.