Director, HR Business Partner - R&D & Customer Experience
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
We’ve been named a Leader by multiple analyst firms and are prominently featured in the Forbes Cloud 100 and CRN’s Coolest Cloud companies.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
The Cohesity People & Places team has been gaining significant momentum in adding value to our business. We have built - and are continuing to evolve - our HR team across a number of areas, from Learning & Development, HR Operations and Talent Management to Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition and People Analytics. The success of Cohesity depends on a rich array of products and services that meet, exceed and delight our customers….and the Cohesity People & Places team is in the heart and center of all that we do.
About the Role:
The Director, People Partner will enable business success, amplify our culture and increase organizational effectiveness through Cohesity’s People Strategy partnership with our Global Research & Development (R&D) and Customer Experience (CX) teams.
R&D at Cohesity is a collective organization of software and hardware engineering, product management, product design, user experience (UX), portfolio pricing strategy, and quality / test engineering. Our R&D function spans our San Jose headquarters as well as our key India locations in Bangalore and Pune. These global teams are focused on designing innovative, best-in-class products and services … that are instrumental in meeting / exceeding our revenue and profitability targets to propel Cohesity’s growth.
Customer Experience harnesses our products and services into impactful relationships with our customers. Our CX team comprises professional services, customer success and support teams, as well as escalation management, who work hand-in-hand with R&D to delight our customers. This function spans across our Americas (US and Costa Rica), EMEA (Cork, Ireland), and APJ & India (Bangalore and Pune) regions.
This Director level role is an individual contributor position that provides strategic direction and day-to-day engagement with our R&D and CX executive leaders and their respective leadership teams/
- Leading through Culture and Values through language, actions, and the complete employee experience.
- Consulting on and improving the organizational design, role structure, and communication flow to align to business strategy and priorities in our global regions.
- Seeking opportunities to innovate within the organizations you engage with, providing a long-term view of how we achieve our revenue and profitability goals.
- A desire to be a business leader first, and then applying the craft of HR to the business.
- Providing expertise and influence in organization development, including site strategy and global workforce management, as well as an understanding of how to participate in and impact Cohesity’s business growth strategy.
- Working with peer People and Places HR leaders to provide a “global, then local” approach to organization opportunities and initiatives.
- Delivering all HR programs such as performance assessments, promotions, succession planning, and employee engagement plans with Excellence and global consistency.
- Being a champion for data and metrics: leveraging analytics to influence business leaders and shaping direction and guidance.
- Providing change management and leadership coaching to successfully embrace opportunities of scale and growth.
- Interacting across a sophisticated global People & Places organization and COE’s, from Learning & Development and Talent Management to Total Rewards and People Analytics.
- Day-to-day interaction with HR Technology platform tools and applications (Workday, etc.)
- Participating in company-wide talent initiatives, collaborating for global success for Cohesity.
What You Bring to the Team
- BA/BS or equivalent plus 12+ years of relevant & progressive HR experience
- Experience working with executive / C-suite leaders in Engineering and / or Customer Success and Customer Experience organizations
- Experience in global HR team partnership, both domestically and internationally
- Strong business acumen paired with talent acumen and business-centric problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of navigating organizational boundaries and building strong partnerships with stakeholders to influence decisions/actions and produce results
- A “business first” mindset of understanding Cohesity’s portfolio of products and services, and using that knowledge to apply HR and People solutions and outcomes
- An ability to toggle across the strategic and operational - the ability to balance the day-to-day work activities across an array of client groups while instilling value-added business partnership
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- An awareness that to thrive in today’s economy, a global mindset and approach is paramount
- Demonstrated competence in the various HR functional areas: employee engagement, performance management, learning and development, data and analytics, etc...
- Prior experience with a technology company required; cloud, BI/analytics, or platform as a service setting preferred
- Thrives in an unstructured environment and helps others do the same
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity may require employees who enter its offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity offices.
Something looks off?