Vice President , Federal Sales
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Location: U.S. Remote
Let's disrupt the modern world of data management together.
Are you a tech enthusiast who enjoys identifying critical problems and providing solutions to ensure successful business outcomes? If so, we would love for you to learn more about this opportunity to join a growing team that shares these passions.
Cohesity is seeking a Vice President, Federal Sales to lead our Federal Sales division. This is a second line leadership position that will shepherd and grow Cohesity’s Federal market, including Civilian Agencies, the Intelligence Community, as well as Department of Defense. This is a highly strategic and influential position that contributes directly to the bottom-line health and high-velocity growth of the company. You will work on recruiting, developing, and leading a top-notch team of Federal Enterprise Account Executives.
This position reports to Cohesity’s Chief Revenue Officer and will closely collaborate cross functionally with the Cohesity channel and alliances team, marketing, product and engineering, as well as professional services.
- Responsible for all aspects of Cohesity’s sales for civilian Agencies, Intelligence, as well as DoD.
- Lead sales and operational execution and develop plans to augment Cohesity’s Federal Sector market, achieve sales goals, and effectively utilize sales assets to grow net/new business for the Federal Sector business.
- Hire, lead, and develop Federal District Managers and Account Executives
- Deliver accurate forecasts and ensure monthly, quarterly and annual targets are achieved.
- Create meaningful executive relationships at the CIO, CTO, CISO level.
- Provide support during complex sales cycles within the Federal space.
- Be a strategic advisor to the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) and broader Cohesity Executive Team.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration across the organization to foster success
- Federal Sector
- Comprehensive understanding of the Federal Sector environment including issues, market trends, and sales cycles.
- Cultural Facilitator
- Focuses on Cohesity’s RADIO values: Respect, Positive Attitude, Deliver, Integrity, and Customer Obsession
- Growth Mindset
- Determine innovative methods to grow Cohesity’s Federal Sector revenue and develop a long-term perspective to build capacity for future growth
- Operational Excellence
- Ability to implement complex strategy and continuous operational improvements.
- Own a data-driven and efficiency-oriented approach to sales operations.
- Create, communicate, and champion success metrics around critical drivers such as sales enablement, hiring best practices, activity / productivity, and program functions.
- Enterprise Software - Sales Leadership
- Demonstrated success in leading global software sales organizations at scale
- Modern SaaSExperience within a cloud-native software business with a contemporary and recurring revenue go-to-market motion.
- Greater than 10 years of experience successfully building and leading high performing sales teams focused on United States Federal government accounts
- Strong business acumen with the ability to create a business plan, build a strong business pipeline, accurately forecast, and close business
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams including channel, alliances, marketing, sales, product, and professional services
- Knowledge in variety of Federal Compliance issues is critical: FedRAMP, FISMA, NIST, CMMC
- Track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in contiguous, multiple years.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity may require employees who enter its offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity offices.