Field Technical Director - West
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations manage their data to unlock limitless value. We make it easy to back up, manage and derive value from data while protecting data against ransomware attacks. At Cohesity, we’re encouraged to think big and we take on dynamic goals that require innovative thinkers. Obsession with our customers keeps us humble and drives us to keep learning!
Field Technical Director - West
Let's disrupt the modern world of data management together.
A Field Technical Director is an architect-level role focused on ensuring the best design & integration of Cohesity technology for large, enterprise customers and those with demanding use cases. The mission of this role is to ensure the customer's technical requirements are …
- Explored, understood, and captured to ensure that the proposed architecture will meet their needs
- Translated into solutions that will be successfully implemented and that will ensure repeat business
This position needs to be an expert on the core Cohesity product capabilities. Expertise in data center design and practices -- as well as data protection, distributed systems, and solutions at web scale -- are essential.
HOW YOU'LL SPEND YOUR TIME HERE:
- Present Cohesity technology (deep dive) to customer technical leaders/experts and explain how it is applied in various use-cases/scenarios
- Conduct discovery workshops with the customer to identify business objectives, document use cases/requirements, and operational constraints
- Develop high-level architectural alternatives, review with customers, and deliver (written) design plans to meet the customer's needs (especially “at scale”) and includes considerations of special phases of the project (e.g. migration, operational cut-over) for Cohesity implementation teams to follow
- Help plan and conduct technical demos and Proof of Concepts (POCs) with the account SE
- Provide technical information for RFPs/RFIs
- Provide technical review for all account team proposals
- Liaison with Product Management and Engineering to represent customer/field requirements and resolve specific issues
- Act as technical point of escalation for all architectural and design decisions
WE'D LOVE TO TALK TO YOU IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in IT
- Experience in these technical areas required
- Storage, Backup, Virtualization, Linux CLI
- Additional experience highly desirable:
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuance
- Database Protection and Recovery
- Distributed Systems
- Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Layer 2 Networking and Firewalls
- Scripting / Automation
- Visio or equivalent application
- Excellent communication and project-related skills are also required
- Strong verbal communication/presentation skills
- Strong written skills and the ability to create documentation
- Self-starter with excellent organization and time management skills
- The ability to work cross-functionally and run meetings to achieve a plan
- The ability to manage projects and to drive to a deadline
- Up to 60%
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity may require employees who enter its offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity offices.